Point. completes Fifth wave of Major Expansion
In what has been a crippling 12 months for businesses across the globe, brand licensing specialist, The Point.1888, has demonstrated remarkable resilience and strength yet again with the appointment of five new employees.
The team expansion which will involve new roles in the Commercial, Product Development, Marketing and Legal divIsions is an exciting new stage but also very much a necessity as the company manages the increased attention and demand driven by an incredible 2020. As well as a busy calendar of hugely successful Virtual Immersion Events and record breaking product launches such as Barratt’s partnership with Iceland which sold 1.3m units in its first 12 weeks, two of its management team won the industry’s most prestigious awards – Managing Director Will Stewart with BLLA’s Brand Ambassador of the Year and Head of Retail Hannah Stevens with Licensing International’s Global Rising Star Award.
The newest members of The Point.1888 are:
- Katie Wilkinson, is joining as Senior Commercial Manager for Publishing. With 20 years’ experience in the publishing industry, she most recently worked in DJ Murphy’s children’s division, and last year secured the license to launch Blippi magazine.
- Amy Wickham-Hurd has been appointed as Creative Commercial Manager, reporting to Senior Commercial Manager for Home, Janine Richmond. She joins from eOne where she managed product development for Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom and Ricky Zoom, and prior to this she worked as a Buyer for Mothercare, Boots and Monsoon Accessorize.
- Sadie Wright joins as Product Development Executive from Santoro Licensing, reporting to Product Development Manager Carrie Sharland.
- Ellen Fazakerley has taken the newly created role of Marketing Executive, working under Head of Marketing Sarah Crimes and for the agency’s fast-growing Story.1888 division. She joins with brand agency experience of video production and content creation, as well as market research and focus group management.
- Kate Buitendach as Contracts Manager, joining The Point.1888’s legal team from Disney.
Will Stewart, Managing Director of The Point.1888 said, “We’re so excited to be growing our business, creating five new roles to meet the demand from clients and have these incredible, talented legends each bring something new to our team. This is a huge step forward for our business and will allow us to fulfil the many exciting plans we have for 2021.”