StoryToys and Sesame Workshop Introduce the Sesame Street Mecha Builders App
StoryToys, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Team17 Group PLC and a leading creator of edutainment apps for kids, and Sesame Workshop, the global impact nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, are thrilled to announce the global launch of the Sesame Street Mecha Builders app. Made for children aged 2 to 6, the app aims to nurture curiosity, inspire creativity, and foster a love of learning through play with fun adventures using Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The app is based on the Sesame Street spinoff, with the same name, that reimagines Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Abby Cadabby as robot heroes-in-training who use their STEM superpowers to tackle exciting challenges.
- STEM Heroes: Join the Mecha friends on exciting missions, where they use their unique powers to conquer STEM challenges, fostering curiosity and problem-solving skills.
- Creative Adventure: Encourage creativity with painting, drawing, and color exploration. As the app grows, there will be even more creative fun, including music!
- Playful Discovery: Embrace the joy of free play and open-ended exploration, allowing kids to create, experiment, and explore at their own pace.
- Emotional Growth: Beyond STEM, the app focuses on cultivating essential life skills. Opportunities for resilience, persistence, and self-expression are seamlessly woven in.
- Family Fun: The app provides resources to help parents enhance their child’s learning experience. Multi-touch functionality creates opportunities for shared fun and learning.
“We’re huge fans of Sesame Street! The entire team grew up watching the show and learning alongside the Muppets of Sesame Street. It’s a genuine honour to bring these characters to life digitally for the next generation of kids,” said Emmet O’Neill, CEO at StoryToys. “Working with Sesame Workshop was an incredible experience. Together we’ve managed to create a lovely balance between education and entertainment.”
“Gear up as the STEM-filled adventure continues with the Sesame Street Mecha Builders app,” said Gabriela Arenas, Senior Vice President, Global Product Licensing, Sesame Workshop. “We’re thrilled to team up with StoryToys on this new content offering where preschoolers join Elmo, Cookie Monster and Abby in exploration and problem-solving, all the while laughing and learning.”