expansion of global licensing program for KARMA’S WORLD
9 Story Media Group and Karma’s World Entertainment have announced the expansion of the global licensing program for the new animated series Karma’s World. Secured by 9 Story Brands, the North American deals span a variety of categories, including apparel, accessories, crafts and activity, electronics, holiday and footwear and will see products begin launching in 2022 and beyond.
New Soft Lines partners include:
- Isaac Morris Limited (apparel and swimwear)
- Hybrid Apparel (apparel)
- Franco Manufacturing Co. (home, bath, beach)
- Centric Brands (sleepwear, hosiery, health and beauty aids)
- Accessory Innovations (bags/backpacks)
- Ground Up International LLC (footwear)
- Pastry, America’s #1 Dance Sneaker (footwear)
- Handcraft Manufacturing Corporation (underwear)
- Berkshire Fashions (cold weather, rain gear)
- H.E.R. Accessories (kids jewelry & accessories)
New Hard Lines partners include:
- KIDdesigns Inc. (consumer electronics)
- Crayola LLC (craft and activity)
- Innovative Designs LLC (stationery, craft and activity)
- Fashion Angels Enterprises (craft and activity)
- Tara Toy Corporation (activity)
- Sakar International Inc. (skateboards, hoverboards, scooters)
- Kurt S. Adler (ornaments and stockings)
Global partners include Mattel, Scholastic, and Universal Music Group, which were announced earlier this year. More deals are in the works with several announcements expected in the coming months.
Karma’s World, which premiered globally on Netflix on October 15, follows 10-year-old Karma Grant, an aspiring musical artist and rapper with big talent and an even bigger heart. Every episode is infused with hip-hop music, streetwear fashion and original choreography. The series focuses on themes of self-expression, identity, leadership, creativity and the importance of community. Through strategic licensing agreements, 9 Story Brands aims to bring the story and messaging of Karma’s World to life.
“We are thrilled to be working with this group of best-in-class partners across so many key categories,” said Kyra Halperin, Co-VP Consumer Products for 9 Story Brands. “The level of passion that our partners have brought to the table for Karma’s World has been really exciting, and we’ve seen some incredible innovation in applying the unique aspects of the series – including music, dance and self-expression – to product development. The consumer products program is just as groundbreaking as the series, answering the call to develop never-before-seen products that empower kids of all backgrounds.”