Doug the Pug Expands his Licensing Pack
Doug the Pug, the multiple award-winning, four-legged pop culture sensation and one of the world’s most famous canines, with more than 18 million followers across social media and over 1 billion video views on Facebook – and counting! – is expanding his “pack” of licensing partners with six new licensees. Remarkable Brands, the New York City-based licensing and branding agency, which represents the celebrity pooch, has signed new multi-year agreements with Bare Tree Media, Customized Personalized Products, Fathead, Inkology, Komar Kids, and Mighty Mojo Toys.
Stacey Reiner, President, Remarkable Brands, said: “We’re so excited to be working with an ever-growing list of top-tier licensees to bring this playful brand to even more fans. From his start on social media to his current status as a bona fide pop-culture sensation, Doug’s popularity continues to soar, and his mission remains constant: to spread love and happiness. We are thrilled to be introducing a wealth of Doug merchandise that will make people smile and brighten their day.”
His star power on the rise, Doug the Pug will soon make the leap from social media to the big screen in his very first feature film, Connected, from Sony Pictures Animation.
“It’s been a very exciting year for Doug,” said Leslie Mosier, Doug’s “momager.” “We are excited about our new and continuing licensing partners, who all perfectly capture Doug’s winning personality with their whimsical and fun products.”
New Doug the Pug products heading to market include:
- Bare Tree Media – Digital content design and publishing within mobile and online applications such as messaging stickers, emojis, GIFs, and themes. (November 2020)
- Customizable Personalized Products – Personalized apparel and accessories (now available on Tv’s Toy Box, Amazon)
- Fathead – Wall décor (now available)
- Inkology – Journals and stationery sets (summer 2021)
- Komar Kids – Children’s sleepwear (spring/summer 2021)
- Mighty Mojo Toys – Party-in-a-box, adhesive bandages, cloth face masks, pool floats,
t-shirts and matching t-shirts for pets and owners
Among the continued support from existing Doug the Pug licensees are:
- American Greetings – Greeting cards and stationery
- Buffalo Games – Puzzles
- Gund – Plush
- Jay Franco – Bedding, room décor, bath, beach, storage, travel items, and slumber products
- Skechers – Footwear
- Trends International – Posters
- Willow Creek Press – Puzzles and calendars
Doug has received numerous awards, including the Shorty Award for Instagrammer of the Year and YouTube Award as well as the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Animal Star. He is also a Kids’ Choice Award nominee for Favorite Instagram Pet and was featured in a 2019 Super Bowl commercial.