Remaining few places on 2024 Retail Mentoring Programme
Applications for Brand Licensing Europe’s 2024 Retail Mentoring Programme close on Friday 22 December, giving retailers just weeks to secure one of the few remaining places.
More than 90 retailers took part in the 2023 programme, a record number and a 20 per cent uplift on the previous year, with buyers from My 1st Years, Ann Summers, HMV and Frasers Group joining the programme for the first time. This year, organisers are encouraging more first timers to take part and enjoy the benefits.
BLE’s Retail Mentoring Programme – which has been running for over a decade – is a free CPD-accredited course that educates qualifying retailers on the who, how and why of brand licensing, helping to improve their licensing strategy, enhance their CV and career path and develop relationships with fellow retailers, leading brand owners and agents. The 2024 RMP delegates’ first event will be Licensing for Retail Day, which returns to Convene London on 7 March after a storming debut this year. The programme concludes with attendance at BLE taking place 24-26 September 2024 at ExCeL, London.
The 2024 RMP programme includes: · Free ticket to Licensing for Retail Day.
· A minimum of one day with a leading brand owner or agent. In 2023, these hosts included Wildbrain CPLG, Hasbro, NHM, Bravado, Acamar, Sega, Pink Key Licensing and CAA. · The opportunity to judge The Licensing Awards product categories.
· Product development workshops. · VIP access to Brand Licensing Europe
· CPD accreditation on completion.
· Invitation to the mentoring programme alumni networking group.
· Ongoing mentoring and advice from the BLE team.
“At BLE, we know all about the positive impacts working with licenses can bring retailers and it’s our mission to share that knowledge with as many as possible,” said Laura Freedman-Dagg, Head of Retail, Informa Markets.
“We’ve invested heavily in our Retail Mentoring Programme over the last few years – it’s now CPD accredited, and it’s packed full of juicy, forward-looking content, classes and experiences that really do make a tangible difference to the careers, buying decisions and businesses of the retailers who take part.
“This year, we had to close applications two months early. For 2024, it will be four months ahead of schedule. That really is testament to how well respected this initiative has become and how in demand places on it are. We have just a handful of space left to allocate, and I would love to see more new retailers on the programme for 2024 to really spread the word as widely as possible.”
Retailers already confirmed for the 2024 programme include John Lewis, Iceland, character.com, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, The Works, FatFace, Asda, John Lewis, Joules, Morrisons, Lipsy at Next, Vanilla Underground, The Entertainer, Bargain Max, Card Factory, HMV, Joules, MY 1st Years, Jojo Maman Bebe, TruffleShuffle and New Look.
The following people are all invited to apply for a place on the 2024 programme before applications close. The form can be accessed here.
· Retail buyers, marketers, designers and merchandisers from leading retail brands
· Junior team members with a learning need
· Category leads who would like to introduce more license into their ranges
· Senior team leads who would like to nominate their sta