Lionsgate and Rubber Road Sign for Massive Merch Deal
Rubber Road announces a new consumer products deal with global content leader Lionsgate. Numskull Designs, Rubber Road’s design arm, is set to produce official merchandise for some of the studio’s most iconic movies. The agreement, facilitated by Lionsgate’s global consumer products representative IMG, includes the John Wick franchise – very timely as JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4 has currently taken in more than $247.5 million at the worldwide box office and counting.
In addition to John Wick, Lionsgate is celebrating a number of blockbuster milestones this year, including the release of the next installments of the billion-dollar Saw franchise and the blockbuster Hunger Games franchise, The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, which takes place 64 years before Katniss Everdeen volunteered as tribute, and decades before Coriolanus Snow became the tyrannical President of Panem. In addition to these upcoming theatrical releases, Rubber Road has also licensed the rights to produce consumer products for classic Lionsgate library titles including the 30th anniversary of Quentin Tarantino’s acclaimed Reservoir Dogs and Rob Zombie’s horror favorites Halloween I & II.
Liam Taylor, Head of Partnerships & Development at Rubber Road, says: “We are absolutely delighted to be working with Lionsgate as they continue to extend and expand a number of their most iconic movie franchises. These films have phenomenal followings and we can’t wait to show fans what we can do with their much-loved characters.”
Rubber Road will be producing an eclectic range of merch for fans to add to their collections, including:
- TUBBZ Cosplaying Collectibles – Quirky collectible ducks inspired by key movie characters. Characters are instantly recognisable thanks to designers capturing their hair and expressions, paired with iconic costumes/props synonymous with the character.
- CosCups – Character-inspired ceramic drinking cups. The silicone grip features recognizable character costume designs and the ceramic top portrays character facial expressions.
- Logo Lamps – Lamps featuring movie logo designs that will fit on a shelf, wall or desktop.
- Countdown Characters – Modern advent calendars with multiple pieces that fit together to create a character statue for fans to display and keep. Fans can countdown to Christmas or Halloween!
- Christmas Jumpers – Numskull Designs is well known for its range of geeky Christmas jumpers, so look out for new designs under the Lionsgate license.