Evil Dead Celebrates 40th Anniversary with Raft of new Lines
2021 marks the 40th anniversary of The Evil Dead, a cult classic beloved by many, that launched a ferociously original horror franchise! The film was produced by Renaissance Pictures, a company founded by award-winning collaborators Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, and Bruce Campbell. In celebration leading up to the October 15th anniversary of the film’s original theatrical release, fans will have been able to enjoy activations including a livestream, ticketed Evil Dead watch party that featured commentary from Bruce Campbell.
Striker Entertainment, the worldwide premier licensing agency for Renaissance Pictures has built a foundational roster of licensees over the past couple of years and is pleased to continue supporting the film with new and exciting partnerships in the works for this celebratory year. Striker Entertainment’s Russell Binder adds in, “The Evil Dead is in the pantheon of the greatest cult horror movies ever made, and it has been a career highlight to work with the legendary filmmakers and producers including Sam, Rob, and Bruce. The appetite for The Evil Dead merchandise continues to rise, and Striker has been diligent in listening to the fans and finding partners who will service the enthusiasm with products and experiences that continue to fan a flame of the enduring horror franchise”.
A new original video game for console(s) and PC will launch this Spring and feature 40 years of Evil Dead lore and iconography all in one collection. For the first time ever, the Evil Dead universe comes together in an over-the-top experience starring boomstick-brandishing, chainsaw wielding horror hero Ashley J. Williams. Diversion 3 has entered into an epic mega-collaboration with Renaissance Pictures, STUDIOCANAL, MGM, and Lionsgate to create this one-of-a-kind game that casts players against the forces of evil that have been unleashed from the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis, with sights and sounds inspired by the films “The Evil Dead”, “Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn”, “Army of Darkness” as well as the STARZ original series “Ash vs. The Evil Dead”.
To compliment the video game release, a new line of Evil Dead licensed merchandise will be introduced with categories including apparel, collectibles, puzzles, and more:
- Beeline Creative, a leader in stylized beverageware, is carving out a new Geeki Tiki Ash ceramic mug. Turn your cabin into a tropical paradise with this highly detailed quality mug this Fall!
- Creepy Company is allowing fans to cozy up with your favorite Deadite slayer in their ultra-comfortable throw blanket, featuring amazing art from the movie poster available now!
- Dark Horse Comics is creating a one-of-a-kind collectible statute of Ash Williams just in time for the 40th Anniversary celebration.This statue captures Ash in a heroic stance as he tries to keep the Deadite Cheryl at bay in the basement. Further from Dark Horse, be on the lookout for The Evil Dead graphic novel with an all-new collector’s cover!
- Fright-Rags, a company focused on high-quality and distinctive horror apparel, has a collection of apparel available now with plans to debut a new design this Spring to commemorate the 40th anniversary, as well as some additional collectible items this Fall.
- Funko is taking Ash to their new Funko Soda! line. No, this is not an actual can of Deadite inspired beverages…this is the new stylized vinyl figure packaged in a distinguished aluminum soda can. Bottoms up… this August!! Also, coming this September, a new Ash Pop! for collectors.
- Messed Up Puzzles, a self-owned company focused on horror inspired pop culture is offering an assortment of four puzzles this May with eye popping images to piece together.
- National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) is developing a new Ash Williams action figure! The detailed figure features extensive articulation, multiple heads, and a slew of accessories allowing for optimum customization as fans add to their collections this June.
- Redbubble is calling all fans to their Evil Dead platform where fan designs can be created and submitted to become officially licensed products available now exclusively at Redbubble.com.
- Don’t get caught sleeping on even more exciting goods from Cavity Colors, Mondo, and Wizards of the Coast!