BBC Studios Kids & Family Grows Bluey Licensing Program in Infant & Toddler, Food Categories and Beyond
BBC Studios Kids & Family, distributor and licensor for the hit animated series Bluey, welcomes new top-tier partners to its highly-successful licensing program for the breakout global hit. Beginning this fall, debut food and beverage offerings from Crunch Pak and good2grow will be part of the growing mix of Bluey products. In addition, the program will have a larger footprint in the infant and toddler category via introductory lines created by Baby Boom, Delta Children, Ginsey, Idea Nuova Inc., and TOMY. Also on the way are initial assortments from American Greetings, CJ Products for a Bluey x Pillow Pets, Dan Dee, Studio Fun International and Tara Toys.
The new deals follow the latest impressive industry recognition for Bluey: a 2023 Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards nomination for “License of the Year” and a 2023 Television Critics Association Award win for Outstanding Achievement in Children’s Programming.
“Bluey resonates so strongly with kids and families everywhere,” said Suzy Raia, SVP Consumer Products and Business Development, North America and Latin America, BBC Studios. “We’re happy to welcome these leading licensees to the Bluey family and work with them to further extend the range of high-quality offerings for fans of all ages.”
Bluey partners set to roll out new products in 2023 and 2024 include:
- American Greetings – Greeting cards, gift packaging, stickers (U.S. and Canada)
- Baby Boom (Betesh Group) – Toddler bedding, accessories, and nap mats (U.S.)
- CJ Products, Inc. – Co-branded Bluey x Pillow Pets (U.S.)
- Crunch Pak, LLC – Co-branded fresh foods, including Crunch Pak Snackers, Medleys, and Blendz fruit and vegetable purees (U.S.)
- Dan Dee – Seasonal plush embellished with seasonal holiday features, including lights, sound, music, animatronic motion (U.S. and Canada)
- Delta Children – Children’s wooden furniture, table & chair sets, room-in-a-box sets, and more (U.S.)
- Ginsey – Potty training, bath finger puppets, and select infant/toddler bath accessories (U.S. and Canada)
- good2grow LLC – good2grow-branded beverage bottles with 3-dimensional character toppers including juices and milk products. (U.S. and Mexico)
- Idea Nuova Inc. – Toddler and kids room décor, novelty lighting, soft-sided storage, seating, and wall décor. (U.S.)
- Studio Fun International – Arts and crafts (U.S. and Canada)
- Tara Toy – Seasonal arts and crafts, including Paint A Canvas and Stick N Play (U.S.)
- TOMY – Expanded rights into infant and toddler feeding (U.S. and Canada)
Fan excitement was further stoked recently when ten new Bluey episodes launched on July 12 on Disney+. These episodes will arrive later this year on Disney Junior and Disney Channel. Additionally, Bluey’s Big Play The Stage Show U.S. tour has been extended to July 2024, visiting even more fans in cities across the U.S. and Canada.
Bluey follows the adventures of a lovable and inexhaustible Blue Heeler puppy who lives with her Dad, Mum and little sister, Bingo. It showcases the joyful simplicity that can be found in families, by bringing to life how children learn and grow through play.
Jointly commissioned by BBC Studios Kids & Family and ABC Children’s, Bluey is created and written by Joe Brumm and produced by Ludo Studio for ABC KIDS (Australia) in association with Screen Queensland and Screen Australia. Bluey is proudly 100% created, written, animated, and post-produced in Brisbane Queensland, Australia, with funding from the Queensland Government through Screen Queensland and the Australian Government.
Distributed internationally by BBC Studios Kids & Family outside Australia. BBC Studios has a global broadcast deal with Disney for Bluey in all territories outside Australia, New Zealand and China with all three seasons available on Disney+, Disney Junior and Disney Channel and more episodes from season three to come.