Rock On! Royal Mail to Honour The Rolling Stones
Royal Mail reveals images of 12 stamps being issued as a tribute to one of the most enduring rock groups of all time – The Rolling Stones.
Eight of the stamps will feature images of some of their legendary performances over the years:
- Hyde Park, London, UK, July 1969
- East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA, August 2019
- Rotterdam, Netherlands, August 1995
- Tokyo, Japan, March 1995
- New York City, USA, July 1972
- Oslo, Norway, May 2014
- Knebworth, Hertfordshire, UK, August 1976
- Düsseldorf, Germany, October 2017
- A further four stamps, presented in a Miniature Sheet, feature two shots of the band together and two of their vintage worldwide tour posters.
- Royal Mail collaborated closely with the band members and their management team on the stamp issue
- The Rolling Stones become only the fourth music group to feature in a dedicated stamp issue – following on from The Beatles in 2007, Pink Floyd in 2016 and Queen in 2020.
- The stamps go on general sale from 20 January 2022.