Point.1888 Appoints Numerous Sub-Agents for Moonbug
The Point.1888 has signed 12 of its leading counterparts across EMEA as sub-agents for a number of Moonbug properties.
The brand extension specialist was appointed just last summer as the Master Licensing Agency across EMEA for Moonbug. Since coming on board, The Point.1888 has sought to leverage the shows’ popularity with children by bringing the brand closer to its audience across a broad range of categories, including clothing, puzzles, arts & crafts, games, outdoor to name just a few.
For a brand licensing programme of this scale and stature, The Point.1888 wanted to have the world’s best agents on its side. The sub-agents secured by the UK-based agency to help it deliver its licensing plans across EMEA include:
- German brand licensing expert, The Brand Residence, in Germany, Austria and Sweden;
- The award winning Spanish agent, El Ocho, in Iberia;
- The leading agent for the Italian market, The Evolution of Licensing;
- Spacetoons, one of the largest and most successful kids entertainment conglomerates in the Middle East, to act as both sub-agent as well as broadcaster of CoComelon in this region;
- In Israel, brand specialist LDI, whose clients include Warner Brothers and Disney;
- Brand licensing specialist LDI in Turkey and Cyprus for brands such as Real Madrid, Mr Men and Little Miss;
- ELC, one of the leading licensing agencies in CEE, to cover Eastern Europe for The Point.1888’s programme;
- Kids’ brand expert, Brand4rent, in Russia;
- Industry veteran with 50 years of experience, CLM, in South Africa;
- License Connection, renowned for its ability to connect the world’s leading brands to a range of quality products in the Benelux region;
- The Nordics will be managed by award-winning Ferly;
- Brand Energy, which is headed up by Benoir Roque (Ex CAA-GBG and Gulli) and Alex Ardant (ex Disney), willcover France.
The Point.1888 has been establishing solid relationships with these international agencies over the past five years, which has allowed the brand extension specialist to quickly ensure the right choices of sub-agents were made and the programme would have a smooth start.
One early but vital step in the programme was the Moonbug Entertainment Virtual Brand Immersion Event which drove attendance from 237 retail buyers, agents and licensees. One of many brand immersion events that The Point.1888 has held to give potential retailers and licensees the chance to hear about the plans for a brand’s licensing programme directly from the brand itself, its licensing agency, and any marketing and PR teams, this tactic have been a driving force behind the agency’s success and resilience during the ongoing pandemic.
So far, all sub-agents are in discussion with prospective licensees in their territories and a number of agreements are now in place. Jazwares and Bandai are working with the sub agents and The Point.1888 on the master toy launch of CoComelon and Blippi across EMEA this year, following a phenomenal 2020 launch in the UK. Character Options are planning for the launch of their master toy range for My Magic Pet Morphle this Autumn and the response has been incredible.
Commenting on the announcement, Bethan Garton, Commercial Director at The Point.1888, said: “Every agent we’ve signed really understands the new digital world that kids live in and that properties on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon and others can have just as successful a launch at retail as those on a traditional broadcaster, if not more so.