Elf on the Shelf Expands its Universe
The Lumistella Company, home to some of the world’s most iconic Christmas brands – The Elf on the Shelf, Elf Pets and Elf Mates, is expanding its offerings with new products and strategic partnerships across music, publishing, entertainment, food and more. With fresh plots that extend beyond their core story brands, the global IP company is giving audiences new and additional ways to immerse themselves in Santa’s fantastical North Pole universe.
New partnerships and offerings from The Lumistella Company include:
· Forthcoming Announcement of New Branded Universe – The Lumistella Company will officially announce its fantastical universe later this year with the consumer launch to follow in 2024. In addition, the company will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2025.
· Food Network Partnership – “The Elf on the Shelf: Sweet Showdown”, a Christmas-themed sweets showdown, is joining Food Network’s must-see holiday lineup later this year. The new series, set in a whimsical holiday wonderland, will feature The Elf on the Shelf® Scout Elves challenging some of the best sweets makers from across the country to create the most magical and unexpected holiday creations ever seen.
· Global Distribution Deal with Magic Star – The songs of Santa’s North Pole will be on every family’s favorite playlist this season. The Lumistella Company has signed a global music distribution deal with Magic Star, the kids and family entertainment division of The Orchard, to make existing and future original songs available on streaming services, YouTube, and other platforms.
· Extraordinary Noorah: Santa’s Magical Arctic Fox – The Lumistella Company formally introduces Noorah, one of Santa’s most magical and incredible friends in an illustrated storybook coming from the company later this year.
· HarperCollins Partnership – Several stories across different formats are being developed in collaboration with HarperCollins with the first titles to be published this September. Aimed to create a merry season for readers of all levels, upcoming stories include a vibrant sticker and activity book, a deluxe storybook with bonus incentives and more!
· The Elf on the Shelf® & Friends Challenge – Creating new connections with energetic audiences, The Lumistella Company will partner with Medal Dash for a virtual race. Participants register to receive a customized and branded race packet, including a t-shirt featuring the beloved Scout Elf character, a race bib and medal. After achieving a 5K, 10K or half marathon at their own pace runners can share their results on The Elf on the Shelf & Friends Challenge event page.
· Funfetti® Sugar Cookie, Hot Cocoa and Candy Cane Cookie Mixes – Coming to major retailers just in time for the holiday season, Hometown Food Company and The Lumistella Company bring Santa’s favorite Christmastime flavors in three Funfetti® cookie mixes.
· The Frozen Farmer’s Santa’s Cookies Ice Cream – Partnering with The Frozen Farmer, The Lumistella Company is introducing a farm-to-bowl creation, Santa’s Cookies Ice Cream. Available as vanilla ice cream with red and green sugar cookie crumbles and in the form of an ice cream sandwich, the treats arrive in stores this holiday season.
· International Licensing Agent: Panaderia – Panaderia will represent The Lumistella Company’s full portfolio of brands and characters including The Elf on the Shelf, Elf Pets, and Elf Mates across Mexico beginning in 2023.
“The Lumistella Company has curated a collection of brand-new offerings that will give families a further glimpse into the fantastical North Pole universe we are building out,” said co-founder and co-CEO, Christa Pitts. “We are looking to forge connections with new and existing best-in-class partners to help us reveal even more magical stories, characters and products to come.”